Mac Os 13.6 - Java issue and extra user/bin/false shell pings logged - hidden files?

Hello there!

Every time upon log in i get a pop up window stating:

To use the "java -jar MRJToolkit.jar"

command-line tool you need to install a JDK.

Click "More Info..." to visit the Java Develop[er Kit

download website.

Is this a backdoor programme trying to hack my files/security. It seems 2024 shouldn't require this anymore unless for some online gaming correct?

If advised to, please share the easiest way to completely uninstall this annoying issue *=>

Much appreciated!

Any care to add for some BONUS POINTS!?? -<=*

Also - anyone know what user/bin/false shell pings and shell(s) to be weary of? Is it a sign that i may have more issues on my hardrive and that is why this pop up is coming up to trying to run other malware?? Should I be looking for hidden files or hidden network connection or sharing?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 21, 2024 7:03 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 16, 2024 4:09 PM in response to Nirvahn

Hi Here to help.

No looks good.

But if a program keeps sending popups, find the program (JAVA CMD_Line Tool) reinstall it, or not.

User/bin is a machine location.

Bin = binaries (like in windows, exe, executables).

Here you find executable programms- well, or, rather, not since it is a system folder, keep out! No just kidding, but, still, tread carefully there, don't change anything there:)

I imagine the cmd line interface needs extra downloads, probably hence the false pinging in its shell, function NULL, missing.

Oh and malware is usually a bit stealthier. Also, suggestion - don't start reading system folder- and files names. Once spent weeks looking everything up. All the names are so sus...

Kind regards

Rr

Apr 16, 2024 4:13 PM in response to Nirvahn

Oh one more thing

CMD+ SHIFT + .

Will show hidden files and folders

But they are hidden for a good reason (also write protected, so yes, aesthetics is also a good reason)

There are ways to make files even more invisible, complete volumes even. Now that is something I would use for malware;)

[You can take files of the register/index, so Finder won't find them. Even with hidden files on.

]

Mac Os 13.6 - Java issue and extra user/bin/false shell pings logged - hidden files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.