Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Accessibility bug on Sonoma 14.4

I have updated to Sonoma 14.4 and unfortunately the full screen zoom feature stopped working. It lets you amplify the screen with scroll gestures, but as you try to move the pointer around, it disables the magnification effect. This is a very serious bug that can affect millions of people with eye impairment around the world. Please can you fix this as soon as possible? Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.7

Posted on Mar 21, 2024 2:11 PM

4 replies

Apr 6, 2024 2:20 AM in response to gui-br

This has ruined one of the most important features that allows me to use a computer without having to buy third party software at huge expense.

As a visually impaired person Macs have been my admission to the world of technology since 1984. This has just booted me out. it's clearly not a bug but a feature as there are no replies from apple to this issue.

Apr 25, 2024 12:33 AM in response to gui-br

Similar issue and has become extremely buggy to use zoom after this update. It'll always disable the follow the pointer feature mid-use, needing me to enable and disable. After some time, i am unable to navigate the menus while zoomed in as the cursor is stopped by an invisible wall. I can only access the menus while not zoomed which is not ideal, so i am forced to restart my computer. if i am in the drop down menus and try to zoom in, my cursor is pushed out. Frustrating, as accessibility has been really stable for me for a number of years until now.

Thank you.

Accessibility bug on Sonoma 14.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.