Audible VS. Apple Books

What’s the difference? Which is better? Audible is cheaper, I think. In that case, what does Apple Books app have up their sleeve that goes above and beyond Audible?

I don’t do audio books, but my life is getting too busy, so I’m trying to figure which app to go with.

Thanks for all your help in advance!

iPhone 15 Pro

Posted on Mar 21, 2024 2:25 PM

2 replies

Apr 27, 2024 8:40 PM in response to internaltemps

Audible has monthly subscriptions. Apple Books is pay per book. If you plan to listen to multiple books throughout the month, it would make more sense to go with Audible. Also, you get a credit per month to use to “keep” a book no matter if it’s removed from Audible. If you don’t plan to go through multiple books as often, Apple Books would work. Plus, Apple has more to choose from. I believe the last comparison I saw was over 1Mil vs. Audibles 470k+.

All in all, it depends on how much you are wanting to listen to per month. Buying more than 1 book or even 1 book a month dependent the price is going to be more than Audibles $7.95 subscription.

Audible VS. Apple Books

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.