Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

iPhone 15 Pro Car Bluetooth Connectivity Issues

I just upgraded to this model from the iPhone 14 Pro just yesterday. This morning I connected it to my car's Bluetooth (2012 Mazda 3) and it worked ok. The issue started when I attempted to connect to the Pokemon Go Plus+. Immediately after connecting to that, the car connection kept disconnecting/reconnecting every 10-20 seconds. Disconnecting the Go Plus+ and just using the car had no issues. Reconnecting the Go Plus+ starts the issue immediately. iPhone 14 Pro never had this issue. Both iPhones were running 17.4. I just updated to 17.4.1 on the iPhone 15 Pro during work so I don't know if the issue has been addressed, will know when I get off work later this evening.

iPhone 15 Pro

Posted on Mar 21, 2024 3:53 PM

3 replies

Mar 22, 2024 9:14 AM in response to My_Car

An update:

iPhone 15 Pro updated to 17.4.1

Drive home yesterday looked like it was addressed but that only lasted until the next morning.

Issue remains but here is the sequence of events when the issue starts:

Connection to car drops, car goes into search mode. Upon finding phone and connecting, the millisecond audio starts playing, connection drops and cycle repeats. This may happen 3-6 times before connection appears to stabilize. The connection will stay stable from somewhere between 10 seconds to around a minute before it starts all over again.

Mar 28, 2024 9:35 AM in response to My_Car

Second update:

It doesn't matter what is running, the more bluetooth connections made to the phone, the faster the issue arises and the worse it is. Only having the car and Apple Watch connected still has the same issue just takes longer for it to appear. It almost feels like a heat issue is affecting the Bluetooth in the phone. It doesn't matter if it gets hot or has the car AC on it, it will happen. This morning I had an app going that played a track constantly without pausing and it caused the issue to repeat so much the car turned off the radio completely since it could not establish a stable connection and determined that there was no bluetooth device available.

Apr 25, 2024 9:58 AM in response to My_Car

I have had another weird update. So here is the setup, in my car there are two devices that have Bluetooth connections, the stock stereo and the dash cam. One day I did not have my Apple Watch on and added the Pokemon Go Plus+ and there were no issues. The next day I connected the Apple Watch and not the PGP+ and there were issues. I do believe that this may be an issue with the watch taking up most of the bandwidth of the iPhone. What's weird is that my previous iPhone (14 Pro) did not have this issue with having 4 devices connected at a time. It could be possible that the iPhone 15 Pro's Bluetooth is having issues handling this many connections simultaneously.

iPhone 15 Pro Car Bluetooth Connectivity Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.