Apple TV 4K Samsung F8000 TV compatibility issue

The two have worked well together for several years. Recently ie less than a week ago. The Apple Apps within Apple TV box have ceased to work. All other Apps eg iPlayer, ITV X etc within the box continue to work well.

When open Apple TV+ app get black screen, logo and message - "Apple TV app isn't available right now, check internet and try again."

Music App opens to give black screen and message "Cannot Connect something went wrong. Please try again."

Photos App does open but has not updated for a week.

Sound routed through Denon AV Amp.

I have second Apple TV 4K box connected to a Samsung monitor which works without any issues.

Swap the boxes and same issues with the Samsung TV, none with the monitor.

Have checked all connections, have rebooted Virgin modem, Asus router, TV, box, AV Amp. Issue remains the same.

Have disconnected the AV Amp. Issue remains the same.

It sounds like a connection issue purely focussed on Apple but I'm now out of ideas.

Have spoken to Apple support who agree with what I've done to diagnose the issue and are escalating the issue.

The TV is 10 yrs old and there are no updates available. My thoughts are it is either a newly inflicted Samsung v Apple issue or an issue purely related to Apple. I don't mind which and do appreciate that kit becomes outdated but would like a resolution. If no resolution then an explanation as to the cause.

Thoughts?

Kerraddoo

QAQ90,

Posted on Mar 23, 2024 6:43 AM

2 replies

Mar 23, 2024 1:05 PM in response to kerraddoo

What is your model Apple TV box?

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Find your Apple TV model number - Apple Support

I don't think your TV or monitor or their settings matter for this.

For Apple apps on the Apple TV box, the issue might be affected by the Apple ID account.

• Try signing out for the account, then immediately sign in again, to refresh that info on the box.
  • Verify that the intended Apple ID is active, if multiple Apple ID accounts are added to the device.

Also try this for any pre-installed app that misbehaves:

1. Force-quit the app, then relaunch and try again.
  2. If the issue persists, force-quit the app, restart the device, then relaunch and try again.
  3. If the issue still persists after that, then contact Apple for further assistance.

Mar 25, 2024 6:47 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Thanks for this.

Yes it seems to be an access issue. Perhaps that would explain only affecting Apple Apps.

Tried to log out but it would not accept my password - which was correct.

So reluctantly I tried a factory reset which was successful. Has been stable now for >24 hours.

Hopefully problem solved.

Many thanks for your input.

Regards,

Kerraddoo

Apple TV 4K Samsung F8000 TV compatibility issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.