You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Volume bar on my iPhone 13 Pro is greyed out after update

iPhone 13 Pro. Sine last update I lose sound frequently. The volume bar is greyed out. Sometimes I can get it back but turning the silent mode off/on. Do not disturb is off. Any other suggestions?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Mar 23, 2024 7:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2024 1:09 PM

Iphone 15 greyed out volume button

2 replies

Mar 23, 2024 8:21 AM in response to Debra420

iOS updates aim to enhance user experience, boost security, and fix bugs rather than disrupt core features. Sound issues after updates might stem from underlying, unmentioned factors. Updates won't typically alter personal data but may refine settings or features. Backup before major updates for safety. Review Apple's update details and backup advice for a smooth process.

Kindly consider checking your settings and addressing any device issues before attributing the issue to external factors. This could be a pure coincidence that the iOS update affected the iPhone sound functions.

Before initiating a standard iOS update, it's advisable to create a backup. Have you completed this step? If yes, proceed with the restoration from the backup.

See what each update does: About iOS 17 Updates, About iOS 16 Updates, About iOS 15 Updates, About iOS 14 Updates, About iOS 13 Updates, About iOS 12 Updates, and so on...

Volume bar on my iPhone 13 Pro is greyed out after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.