You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

stuck on caps lock and keyboard and touch pad not working correct

On macbook pro m1 after up date 14.4 sometime for login touch id not work and force me to type password. THE KEYBOARD STUCK IN CAPS LOCK LIKE NOW! THE KEYBOARD START TO TYPE SYMBOLE AND CAN NOT TYPE NUMBERS! EVEN MOUSE NOT WORK CORRECT AND IN SAFARI CAN NOT OPEN ANY SITE DIRECTLY BEACAUSE CLICK ON LINK ADDING IT TO READING LIST! I CAN NOT USE MY MAC EVEN MANY MANY RESTART

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Mar 24, 2024 7:00 AM

3 replies

Mar 24, 2024 8:42 AM in response to Ali-reza-7172

Ali-reza-7172 wrote:

On macbook pro m1 after up date 14.4 sometime for login touch id not work and force me to type password. THE KEYBOARD STUCK IN CAPS LOCK LIKE NOW! THE KEYBOARD START TO TYPE SYMBOLE AND CAN NOT TYPE NUMBERS! EVEN MOUSE NOT WORK CORRECT AND IN SAFARI CAN NOT OPEN ANY SITE DIRECTLY BEACAUSE CLICK ON LINK ADDING IT TO READING LIST! I CAN NOT USE MY MAC EVEN MANY MANY RESTART

To trouble shoot further you can:

—A SafeBoot Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Does a quick disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, third party system modifications and system accelerations are disabled.

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically.

This test will tell you if third party interference; most extensions etc are not loaded in safe boot mode.

—Test issue in another user (or guest user) account Change Users & Groups settings on Mac - Apple Support

This will tell you if it a universal issue or isolated to your user/admin account. 

unplug all non-essential peripherals when testing

Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/VPN/Anti-Virus

all known to cause issues on the macOS

Mar 24, 2024 9:17 AM in response to Ali-reza-7172

Ali-reza-7172 wrote:

Tested all and problem not solved, reset the mac and all stuff deleted but nothings changed.

plug in an external keyboard and compare your results.... this would be telling and a work-a-round(?)

for hardware issues take it in—

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Get your mac repaired and how much will it cost

Mac Repair & Service - Apple Support

stuck on caps lock and keyboard and touch pad not working correct

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.