Can't automate Kasa Smart plug with Home app

Hi Folks,

I'm using new Kasa HomeKit compatible smart plugs. (KP125) I've set up two so far. One is for my central vac, labeled "Vacuum" and the other is in my garage labeled "Grow Lights". I'm using my AppleTV for the Hub. It's labeled "Home theater".

When I go to create the automation I choose "when an accessory is controlled". Then the next prompt is Choose the accessory that starts the automation. My choices are Vacuum and Grow Lights. I choose Grow Lights. Then in Accessory automation I choose Turns on and Specific times. I enter 6am and 10pm.

Then at "select scenes and accessories to automate, I'm presented with either "Home Theater' (the appletv) or "Vacuum" (no!). The"Grow lights" plug is not visible here. I assume that's because I chose it earlier. But if I choose Home theater here, the lights don't work. What am I doing wrong?

I can turn on the plug with the app, so I know that it's set up with HomeKit and enabled. I just can't set up the automation.

It must have to do with the Apple TV as hub. It's called Home Theater, but I also set up a room called Home Theater. When I get info on the hub in Home settings there are two hubs listed "Home Theater Home Theater" which is weirdly renamed and listed as connected. and under that is listed "Home Theater" which it says is not responding. There are no options here to help me delete or re-add.

Thanks.

Apple TV 4K (3rd generation)

Posted on Mar 25, 2024 6:51 AM

There are no replies.

Can't automate Kasa Smart plug with Home app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.