Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Ripped CDs not showing in Music after updating my iMac from High Sierra to Big Sur

I recently upgraded from High Sierra to Big Sur. I keep all of my purchased music from Apple and personal ripped CDs on an external hard drive. ITunes was pointed to the external drive and I was able to see and play any ripped CDs or purchased music off ITunes. After the upgrade all that I see is the purchased music. The music app is still pointed to the correct drive, but none of my ripped CDs are showing up.

2014 IMac, Big Sur 11.7

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Earlier Mac models

Posted on Mar 25, 2024 5:45 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apr 16, 2024 3:55 PM in response to hrmaddie

Hi here to help.

Please refer to:

https://support.apple.com/guide/music-windows/intro-to-the-itunes-store-mus3e2346c2/windows

"If you previously purchased content from the iTunes Store that was protected by DRM, these protected purchases can be:

Played on up to five authorized computers

Synced with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Synced with or streamed to your Apple TV"

Ripped: no DRM, they won't sync.

And why can we rip?

Why is ripping a CD illegal?

U.S. copyright law (Title 17 of the United States Code) generally says that making a copy of an original work, if conducted without the consent of the copyright owner, is infringement

Kind regards

Rr

Ripped CDs not showing in Music after updating my iMac from High Sierra to Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.