Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Mic not working on Whatsapp, and other apps, after updating to 16.7.7 (21-mar-2024)

Hey guys! I need your help because I could not find a solution to fix the problem.

After updating my iPhone 8 plus to the latest version, 16.7.7 released on 21-mar-2024, my microphone stopped working on certain apps like Whatsapp. For example, I no longer can send audio messages.

It works just fine for regular phone calls, record a video on my camera but there are other apps like Facetime, Voice Recording, Whatsapp, among others where the mic is not working. Does not register/record voice.

I have an iPhone 8 plus and everything was working just fine until I updated to 16.7.7 on Thu 21-mar-2024. I've tried everything I've found on the web but nothing works. I even did factory reset but still does not work.

Any thoughts?

I've tried this page and I confirm that my mic is not the problem but something with the apps: If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working - Apple Support

About the security content of iOS 16.7.7 and iPadOS 16.7.7 - Apple Support

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 26, 2024 6:59 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Mic not working on Whatsapp, and other apps, after updating to 16.7.7 (21-mar-2024)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.