Parked car location

The settings for this feature is all turned on and I cannot for the life of me get this to work it did a while ago I have no idea what’s happened I’ve tried alsorts

Posted on Mar 27, 2024 1:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2024 1:52 AM

Hey there,

When you disconnect iPhone from your car’s CarPlay or Bluetooth® system and exit your vehicle, a parked car marker is dropped in the Maps app  so you can easily find the way back to your car.

Choose Parked Car below Siri Suggestions on the search card.

If you don’t find your parked car in Maps:

Make sure your iPhone is paired to CarPlay or Bluetooth in your car, then make sure of the following settings:

• Location Services is turned on in Settings  > Privacy & Security.
  • Significant Locations is turned on in Settings > Privacy & Security > Location Services > System Services.
  • Show Parked Location is turned on in Settings > Maps.

Note: Your parked car isn’t marked at a location where you frequently park, like at home or work.

Don’t show your parked location

Do one of the following:

• Remove the Parked Car marker for your car’s current location: Touch and hold the marker, then tap Remove Car.
  • Never show your parked location: Go to Settings  > Maps, then turn off Show Parked Location.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2024 1:52 AM in response to DannyFocusST

Hey there,

When you disconnect iPhone from your car’s CarPlay or Bluetooth® system and exit your vehicle, a parked car marker is dropped in the Maps app  so you can easily find the way back to your car.

Choose Parked Car below Siri Suggestions on the search card.

If you don’t find your parked car in Maps:

Make sure your iPhone is paired to CarPlay or Bluetooth in your car, then make sure of the following settings:

• Location Services is turned on in Settings  > Privacy & Security.
  • Significant Locations is turned on in Settings > Privacy & Security > Location Services > System Services.
  • Show Parked Location is turned on in Settings > Maps.

Note: Your parked car isn’t marked at a location where you frequently park, like at home or work.

Don’t show your parked location

Do one of the following:

• Remove the Parked Car marker for your car’s current location: Touch and hold the marker, then tap Remove Car.
  • Never show your parked location: Go to Settings  > Maps, then turn off Show Parked Location.

Mar 27, 2024 1:53 AM in response to DannyFocusST

Get directions to your parked car

• In Maps, search for Parked Car. Choose Parked Car from the results to view the location, edit the location or add notes. Tap Directions to then route to your car.
  • On your Home Screen, tap the Search field. Tap Parked Car below the Siri Suggestions to get directions to your car.

Use Maps on your iPhone to find your parked car's location

Parked car location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.