can't add card to Apple Pay or Wallet

Bank issued a replacement card. Previous card was working fine with Apple Pay and Wallet. Deleted old card and tried to add new card. Wants me to verify through bank mobile app. Which I try. Get message that can't add card and gives me phone number for Scotiabank support. They are useless and I am no further ahead. They suggested deleting and reinstalling the Wallet app (which I don't think is possible). I deleted the bank mobile app to see if the validation method would change to SMS. It did not. I reinstalled bank mobile app. Same issue. I tried adding to Apple Pay through website. Also does not work. Very very frustrating. I can pay with the physical card so not a huge deal but can't link Apple Pay to subscriptions etc. as the card can't be added.

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Mar 27, 2024 8:49 AM

9 replies

Mar 27, 2024 9:16 AM in response to frustratedapplefan2020

Thank you for the screenshots. Apple is not involved in that process at all. Your bank is using their internal verification methods for the card. Once verified they push the card from their servers to your iPhone and the Secure Element.

Wallet app can be deleted and then downloaded from the Apple App Store. Things that can interfere with a verification are using a VPN and disabling the Location Service on your iPhone for Wallet app.

Mar 28, 2024 9:35 AM in response to frustratedapplefan2020

Latest update. Not a problem at Apple side. Spoke with Scotiabank. After being escalated to 2nd level support the official answer is that they are having an issue. Primary cards can now be added but supplementary cards are still an issue. Should be resolved today. I guess we will see if that is true. In the meantime I will see if the primary card can be added as a workaround for now.

can't add card to Apple Pay or Wallet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.