Pictures are lost after resetting although i made an icloud backup

I made an iCloud backup and then factory reset my phone, hoping that I’ll get all my pictures back after the reset from my iCloud backup but it only returned a small amount of pictures and I’ve lost a lot of them. Is there any way I can get them back?

I dont know why only a few of them were restored but a large amount went missing. :( I had enough space on my iCloud.

iPhone 15

Posted on Mar 27, 2024 4:21 PM

1 reply

Mar 29, 2024 3:35 AM in response to alaa_hussein

Have you been using iCloud Photos? If yes, the iCloud backup of your iPhone will not include the photos from your iCloud Photos Library and you cannot restore them from the backup. They have to be restored from your iCloud Photos Library.

See: What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

Enable iCloud Photos again on your iPhone, if you have not yet done so, so the photos can sync back from iCloud Photos to your iPhone, as described here: If you're missing photos or videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

It may take a while, until all photos still in iCloud Photos will come back to the iPhone.

Pictures are lost after resetting although i made an icloud backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.