how can i use apple pay to pay online bill through cash app the company accepts?

My lawn service will allow Apple Pay on line payment through the Square/Block app. Is that safe? Do I have to add that app to my phone to do that? How do I do that? Have used Apple Pay for 6 years plus, including sales point square machines without difficulty or joining anything.

Posted on Mar 28, 2024 8:58 AM

9 replies

Mar 28, 2024 9:24 AM in response to tntoofore

If your lawn card service accepts Apple Pay, then you can use any credit or debit card in your Apple Wallet. Apple Pay uses NFC (Near Field Communication) to complete transactions. Your lawn care will probably have an Apple Pay/Tap-To-Pay reader or be using the Apple Pay/Tap-To-Pay feature on newer iPhones.

If your question is specifically about Cash App, you’ll have to contact your lawn care service or the Cash App support team for assistance. Cash App is a product similar to Apple Cash.

Mar 28, 2024 1:06 PM in response to Jeff Donald

Thanks. Some of the employees do have phone tap pos devices, if I happen to be available when they are present, but there was an on line suggestion that AP could be used to pay the on line statements, much as any other on line AP statement. However, when I attempted to do so, only the option for Google Pay came up. Having used Square devices in a number of retail establishments, I was surprised. I don’t really think I want the Square app on my phone.

Mar 28, 2024 3:06 PM in response to Jeff Donald

Not sure about the link. I use Firefox, but forwarded the bill email to my wife, who uses Safari and I got the option to use Google pay but not AP.

I believe the name of the Square/Block app for consumers is called “Cash App’ or something

similar. I really don’t want an app like that on my phone. Have paid other on line bills with AP, but don’t recall if they all required a specific app for the company to be paid.

Mar 29, 2024 4:06 AM in response to tntoofore

Square is what’s known as a Gateway, they process credit cards and provide other merchant services. The parent company of Square is Block and they also own Cash App. Block is what known as a FinTech. They use technology to provide services in the finance industry, but are not a bank. Block (Square) partners with a bank (Sutton Bank) to provide essential banking services, such as debit cards.

The lawn company can provide a link that you will connect you to Square’s secure website and allow you to use Apple Pay to pay your bill. This will allow you to use any credit or debit card in your Apple Wallet and also keep your credit information secure and not sharemit with anyone else.

how can i use apple pay to pay online bill through cash app the company accepts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.