Related Article: Apple security releases

I am unable to install the iOS 15.8.2 update on my iPhone 6s

My phone will not install the new software which is 15.8.2.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 28, 2024 11:02 AM

2 replies

Mar 28, 2024 11:18 AM in response to Copyninjasonic

Try going onto storage settings then find the iOS update if you downloaded it and delete it. Then restart your iPhone and try again. If this fails:

If you have a Mac with macOS 10.15 or later, Update software on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)

If you have a Mac with macOS 10.14 Mojave or earlier or a Windows PC, Update your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iTunes – Apple Support (UK)

Else: take your iPhone to an Apple Store and they will do it for free Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple (UK)

Apr 1, 2024 3:19 AM in response to Copyninjasonic

If there's not enough space to update

If there isn't enough space to download and install an update, the software on your device will try to make space. It will remove only app data that it can download again and doesn't remove or relocate any of your data. If your device still doesn't have enough space, you can use your computer to update your device.

If you can't connect your device to your computer, you can make room for the update by removing content and apps on your device that you don't use. Go to Settings > General > [Device name] Storage.

Learn more about the space your apps and content use.

I am unable to install the iOS 15.8.2 update on my iPhone 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.