What to do before I sell my 5th Gen iPod classic PROTOTYPE "DVT1"?

What to do before I sell my iPod?

This iPod has been sitting in the desk drawer for ever, it is my real iPod treasure, besides few other 1st and 2nd and 3rd Gen iPods and every other iPod that followed.

After deciding to clean up the desk this iPod has has its own special bullet on my agenda list, I'd like to ask Apple or any well informed individual, what to do before deciding to sell this iPod PROTOTYPE or is doing so legit. Does Apple authenticate this? Hoping for some good advice, it would really help my charity, thank you!

iPod Classic

Posted on Mar 28, 2024 4:30 PM

4 replies

Mar 28, 2024 4:46 PM in response to lkrupp

I personally purchased it online along with a big bunch of other iPods and there it was, like a treasure hunt. I do have an invoice for that transaction, so it was legitimately obtained. What happened before that...that is why I asked this question and posted it here.

We all know about the 1st Gen iPod that was on eBay and sort of sold for some less than 99K. This is all over internet, you can read about it. But it had red motherboard. What I am hoping is that mine will make headlines as well :), now that would be nice, wouldn't it?!

So, I will keep this gem and hope for the best. What would one do otherwise?

Thank you for your reply!

Cheers!

What to do before I sell my 5th Gen iPod classic PROTOTYPE "DVT1"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.