IPad black screen of death, restart doesn't work, device won't show up on Itunes

My iPad (iPad OS 17.0.3) won't turn on at all; it doesn't show the apple logo, charging screen or connected to PC screen but still heats up like it is charging. My charger works fine and the port isn't dirty, and the iPad was charging just a few days ago. It hasn't been dropped since then. I have tried force restarting it several times using several charges and outlets yet there is still no sign of life except it heating up. I attempted to connect it to my PC on iTunes to see if the screen was the issue but it isn't recognized by my computer at all. It doesn't even vibrate when plugged in and I have tried moving the cable around the charging port as well, it still sits very snuggly inside the port.

What is the cause of this? And how can I fix it? My iPad is my source of income and I would like to not replace it.

iPad

Posted on Mar 28, 2024 4:43 PM

1 reply

IPad black screen of death, restart doesn't work, device won't show up on Itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.