iPhone 11 extreme battery drain ios 17.4.1

So i recently bought a “refurbished” iphone 11, from a second hand reseller who claims that it’s imported and has been used as a display model and with a 100 bh which was already fishy.

I bit the bullet regardless and got the phone, and it honestly works great…besides the terrible battery life. I did the usual full drain and recharge cycle to calibrate it but to no avail. i get about 3 and a half hours of actual screen time until i have to recharge. I used 3u and imazing and they both say that the battery passed the tests and is normal condition, 100 bh, with 3 charge cycles (done by me since the day i bought it) and manufactured by simplo. nothing makes sense considering a battery that’s been sitting for 4 years is supposedly still good (phone was made in 2020). should i eat the cost of another battery or is it a software problem, because the phone is unusable with this kind of battery life. i’ve had the phone for like 4 days if that info is necessary for anyone

iPhone 11, iOS 17

Posted on Mar 28, 2024 4:51 PM

8 replies

Mar 28, 2024 5:14 PM in response to Torilomatori

What does it say when you go to Settings >Battery >Battery Health?

Reports for Simplo batteries are sketchy. Some sites say Apple uses Simplo batteries other sites list different manufacturers so I don't know if your battery is genuine or not. From what you have described is happening, im going to venture a guees that it not not genuine.

You could take it to a Genius Bar and have them look at it. They could tell you right away if it's genuine or not.

FYI, ditch the 3UTools app, it is a very poorly written hacking tool and never reports any specs correctly.

Mar 29, 2024 1:42 PM in response to Kurtosis12

problem solved, i replaced the battery, they put a desay 3500 mah one in my phone, works like a charm, an hour of SOT, mobile data on the whole time and 20 mins of having my hotspot turned on, took about 13% off my battery, which would be a solid 8 hours of regular screen time without any of that being on, compared to maybe 3 i’d get with the previous one. who would’ve thought that the battery had deteriorated that much in those 4 years without showing any signs of it through diagnostics

iPhone 11 extreme battery drain ios 17.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.