Guided access and Airplay?

Hi, I want to disable areas on the screen, so I set up Guided Access. The problem is I want Airplay functionality, and Airplay doesn't seem to work with Guided Access.

Is there any way to allow Airplay in Guided Access, or is there an app I can buy, that would allow me to disable an area of the screen and allow Airplay?

Many thanks

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Mar 29, 2024 5:48 AM

5 replies

Mar 29, 2024 5:54 AM in response to Richard Mac User

When you're using Guided Access on your iPhone, you can't turn on AirPlay at the same time. That's because Guided Access is all about restricting what you can do on your phone, like limiting which apps you can use. But AirPlay does the opposite – it lets you show what's on your phone's screen on a bigger screen, like a TV. So, while Guided Access keeps things controlled, AirPlay lets you share your phone's screen with others. Trying to use them together would kind of defeat the point of Guided Access because it would add extra stuff you're not supposed to be doing.

Mar 29, 2024 8:15 AM in response to Richard Mac User

Found a solution. I wanted to get rid of 2 of the three menus on the screen. iPhone didn't show the web address of the sub pages. I found them on my Mac. I then went into Screen Time, Content & Privacy Restrictions, Content Restrictions, Web Content, Limit Adult Websites (in this case not an Adult website),Always Allow - Main site address, Never Allow, all the sub menu items web addresses. Works OK.

Guided access and Airplay?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.