SIM Card Failure after iOS 17 Update

I had updated my iPhone 13 Pro Max to iOS 17.2.1 somewhere in January 2024, and since then to my surprise, sim card failure issue started. It says SIM FAILURE, NO SIM AVAILABLE & phone stops working. I have to try with force restart several times and get network coverage back. Again after couple of hours, it will happen again. So I visited my mobile service provider gallery (JIO, Mumbai - India) and narrated the problem. They advised me to replace my existing SIM. Accordingly I replaced my SIM from that service provider's gallery (JIO) on 28th January 2024. BUT still the same issue is there on the newly replaced sim. Ever since the upgrade, I am getting "SIM Failure", "No SIM available" It's so annoying as it happens very frequently. Everytime I have to toggle Airplane mode and again normal mode, restart phone and after several attempts, network resumes.

Later on 29th March 2024 I fixed appointment with APPLE service centre in my city MUMBAI (APTRONIX, 462, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai) and visited with my above problem. To my surprise they were not aware of any such problem exist after iOS 17 .... software update. The gentleman at the receiption said that if at all such problem arised then APPLE would have fixed it by now. I had to make him surf through Official Apple Support Community and go through multiple complaints being narated there from many countries and APPLE has not yet solved. That gentleman asked whether my handset was under warranty. If not under warranty, I will have to pay for service charge to which I agreed provided they will fix the problem. Then he asked my permission whether he should try with "Reset Network Settings" but I denied as I had not backup my mobile phone data. I asked him if he could try some other options, to this he replied that as he is not aware of any such problem after software update, he can only do try & error juggling with my handset or degrade the software update and check if they suceed.

My humble request to APPLE to resolve this issue immediately and also educate the service centres staff all over about the problems arising from time to time due to software updates or any other such defects.

Posted on Mar 29, 2024 6:32 AM

There are no replies.

SIM Card Failure after iOS 17 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.