Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

forwarded email rejected by icloud

Hi. I'm new to icloud as have set up an account as travelling to China and dont want to expose my real email account whic is a microsoft exchange one. On my Microsoft account i have created a forwarding rule to formward everythnig to my icloud account. Oddly some of them are getting rejected with "Security or policy settings at icloud.com have rejected your message." these are mostly advertisemnt type messages with lots of pictures. However if I manually forward the message it works fine.

error detials

Error:

554 5.7.1 [HM08] Message rejected due to local policy. Please visit Postmaster information for iCloud Mail - Apple Support

Message rejected by:

p00-iscream-smtp-6d5b65db57-ljk22

I dont really understand the error but its like it identified the sender or typeof mail as being spam like. can I white list my Microsoft email so all main gets accepted?

Thanks for any advice

Posted on Mar 29, 2024 11:46 AM

1 reply

Apr 18, 2024 11:14 AM in response to aliasplin

Did you ever find a resolution to this one? Over the past couple days my wife has been getting the “554 5.7.1 [HM08] Message rejected due to local policy.” error while trying to manually forward emails to me (one was email notification of an insurance document I needed to sign, so probably had links and pictures, maybe it thought it was spam).

My wife is starting to get pretty aggravated so really hoping to find a solution soon :) (besides having her email me everything at Gmail (which works without issue btw)).

forwarded email rejected by icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.