If I bought Minecraft from Microsoft do I have to repurchase it on the App Store?

if I bought official Minecraft from the microsoft store, can I download it for free from the apple store or will I need to buy it here too?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on Mar 29, 2024 12:29 PM

6 replies

Mar 29, 2024 12:52 PM in response to ArseniiFz

Hi there!

If you are referring to Minecraft for iPhone / iPad, you would need to purchase it again.

If you are referring to macOS, it's a bit more complicated. There are two different versions of Minecraft for desktop: Minecraft: Java Edition and Minecraft: Bedrock Edition. If you purchased and downloaded the Minecraft from the Microsoft Store, you have the bedrock edition, which is not compatible with macOS. However, it appears they now include the Java edition with your Bedrock purchase -- more information can be found here: https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/6657208607501-Minecraft-Java-Bedrock-Edition-for-PC-FAQ#

Java is arguably better, anyways! :)

If I bought Minecraft from Microsoft do I have to repurchase it on the App Store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.