Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Iphone is sharing upside down photos

Iphone 12 Mini, iOS 17.4.1.

When "Mirror front camera" is enabled, selfie photos are correctly displayed in the gallery.

But when I share them through Whatsapp, they get upside down.

This issue won't happen if "Mirror front camera" is disabled.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 17

Posted on Mar 29, 2024 2:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2024 4:33 PM

Having the same issue since 17.4.1. Sending any photo from phone album to wa, goes upside down. Photo is correct in album, sends correctly if choose the same image from inside wa. Have tried turning off Settings/photo/format from heif to jpg and also turning off photo/mirror image. Wa is up to date. Really annoying. (iPhone 12Pro). Seems to be fine with Screen shots, happens with both forward facing and selfie camera. I have Portrait lock active most of time, tested, still goes upside down whether this is on or off. Any suggestions?

Similar questions

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2024 4:33 PM in response to ricardovitorino

Having the same issue since 17.4.1. Sending any photo from phone album to wa, goes upside down. Photo is correct in album, sends correctly if choose the same image from inside wa. Have tried turning off Settings/photo/format from heif to jpg and also turning off photo/mirror image. Wa is up to date. Really annoying. (iPhone 12Pro). Seems to be fine with Screen shots, happens with both forward facing and selfie camera. I have Portrait lock active most of time, tested, still goes upside down whether this is on or off. Any suggestions?

Iphone is sharing upside down photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.