Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Intermittent Safari access over cellular data

Recently, i have had a reoccuring issue with cellular that makes it so sometimes i can access websites like youtube over cellular, and sometimes I cant. It will work for up to 2 months at a time, before giving me the safari could not open page because it could not establish a secure connection. Does anyone know how to fix this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 29, 2024 5:37 PM

5 replies

Apr 23, 2024 1:54 PM in response to elias_j_cho

elias_j_cho wrote:

Sadly, neither of these worked either and the problem persists. Is it also a possibility of it being a problem with my cellular provider?
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/59385d5d-bf8c-400f-8b65-0c9d8627f3d8

If it's just over cellular, maybe? Have you tried using a different browser?

I might contact Apple Support for help:

Mar 30, 2024 11:55 AM in response to elias_j_cho

elias_j_cho wrote:

Recently, i have had a reoccuring issue with cellular that makes it so sometimes i can access websites like youtube over cellular, and sometimes I cant. It will work for up to 2 months at a time, before giving me the safari could not open page because it could not establish a secure connection. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Sometimes this happens to me every so often. Restarting the phone usually fixes it.

Apr 22, 2024 8:38 PM in response to elias_j_cho

elias_j_cho wrote:

Unfortunately did not work, do you have any other solutions that you use?

Sure, you could try force restarting, which fixes most software issues. Press and very quickly release the volume up button, press and very quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side button for about twenty seconds. When the Apple logo appears, release the button. The timing is a little tricky, so try it a few times.

Failing that, you can reset your network settings in Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings, then restart and test.

Of course making sure your device is completely updated (which updates Safari as well) might help.

Intermittent Safari access over cellular data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.