Disappearing Cursor Using Magic Keyboard with iPad Pro

The issue of the disappearing Magic Keyboard cursor when using it with iPad Pro 5th Gen continues to occur. I’ve carried out all of the suggested “fixes” which sometimes do work, but who wants to keep going through all that every time he uses his iPad? This problem began on my device immediately following an earlier IOS update, which I reported at the time, so it seems to be a software issue that has not yet been addressed.

On the other hand, if there is a known issue that develops over time with the 3-pin connectivity between the Magic Keyboard and the iPad Pro (and, yes, I keep these polished), it would be good to let the consumer know so that we’re not continually hoping for a software fix that will never be coming. It was truly a pleasure using the Magic Keyboard and iPad Pro combo until this problem began. Now, it’s a true hassle when the cursor simply disappears at the most inopportune times.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 17

Posted on Mar 30, 2024 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2024 11:37 AM

I’m currently working with a Senior Advisor. I’ve sent a screen recording of the issue. I’ve uploaded logging info from the Privacy and Security settings (they send a link)

Now the engineering department is asking me to call when the issue is in progress.

A few days ago the issue happened, called the number they provided. Got a random Senior Advisor spent 15 min explaining the issue. She had no idea what to do.

At this point, I’ve found the address for Apple Corporate in Cupertino (see below) to send a formal complaint. I haven’t found an email address. The only option is to use US mail.

I’m in the process of writing my complaint, now.

I also plan on writing/attaching a Google Review to their corporate office.

Best of luck to you.

Apple

One Apple Park Way

Cupertino, CA 95014

(408) 996-1010

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2024 11:37 AM in response to tdino

I’m currently working with a Senior Advisor. I’ve sent a screen recording of the issue. I’ve uploaded logging info from the Privacy and Security settings (they send a link)

Now the engineering department is asking me to call when the issue is in progress.

A few days ago the issue happened, called the number they provided. Got a random Senior Advisor spent 15 min explaining the issue. She had no idea what to do.

At this point, I’ve found the address for Apple Corporate in Cupertino (see below) to send a formal complaint. I haven’t found an email address. The only option is to use US mail.

I’m in the process of writing my complaint, now.

I also plan on writing/attaching a Google Review to their corporate office.

Best of luck to you.

Apple

One Apple Park Way

Cupertino, CA 95014

(408) 996-1010

May 24, 2024 1:49 PM in response to jimthemosaicguy

Dear jimthemosaicguy:

How good of you to move this forward so aggressively. It’s a bit sad that you’ve had to jump through so many hoops to get this far, but hopefully Apple will demonstrate an appropriate customer concern and take steps to make such pursuits easier on the consumer. We will eagerly look forward to a successful resolution to this annoying issue which, as you likely already know, continues even after the most recent IOS 17.5.1 update. Thank you!

Disappearing Cursor Using Magic Keyboard with iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.