Remove Guides we Love on Apple Maps

How do I remove Guides we Love on apple maps

Thank you

iPhone SE (3rd generation)

Posted on Mar 30, 2024 8:26 AM

7 replies

Jun 13, 2024 3:48 PM in response to Dannymac22

We are all Apple users, like yourself in the Community. Most of us who volunteer our time and effort to reply, do the best we can to help each other with the issues we face. Am no expert myself, so apologies if I did not catch on to the OP's intent from his words.

Re: "This is just a strong suggestion to Apple, that something we don't love gets removed".

Thank you for letting us know. It is unlikely Apple would see what you post to the community in these discussions. If you want to see software charges, you can send feedback to reach those who work behind the scenes. If others are also requesting similar changes, then we may see an update that includes them.

Web-form for feedback: Feedback - Maps for iOS and iPadOS - Apple

Mar 31, 2024 4:22 PM in response to communitiesusernameapple

Hi, and welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: "iPhone SE (3rd generation): How do I remove Guides we Love on apple maps"

Wondering which iOS version you are using on your iPhone.

You can get to your guides from the search card

Eg: For iOS 17 (or, if earlier iOS installed ... choose that iOS version at the top of the linked article below):

Organize places in My Guides in Maps on iPhone - Apple Support

Eg: says:

Remove a guide

1. Tap your picture or initials at the top right of the search card, then tap Guides.
  2. If neither your picture nor initials appears, tap Cancel next to the search field, or tap the search field, then tap Cancel.
  3. Tap Edit at the bottom of the screen.
  4. Select a guide, then tap Delete.

Tip: To quickly remove any location or guide in My Guides, swipe left, then tap Delete.

All the best :-)

Jun 13, 2024 6:12 AM in response to brbo

Geez, Louise. That didn't answer the question. It is straightforward to remove a Guide that you create. The issue is with this dorkish "Guides We Love" that takes up a lot of real estate on the Maps home page. I HATE it. In order to get to useful stuff like "Share My Location" and "Mark My Location", I have to scroll over "Guides We Love". In fact, the Guides it chooses to show there sure as **** aren't any Guides that I love. PLEASE, Apple. Get rid of it, or allow it to be turned off!

Jun 13, 2024 4:51 PM in response to brbo

The original question was HOW DO YOU REMOVE "GUIDES WE LOVE" ON APPLE MAPS. No answer was given here. I merely pointed out that the answer that was given was not an answer to the question. I find it frustrating when that's done. The question still stands. If someone wants to say that NO, YOU CAN'T REMOVE IT, then that would certainly justify a complaint direct to Apple, and I know how to give that feedback. But there isn't any point in giving that feedback if there is already a method for removing it.

Remove Guides we Love on Apple Maps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.