Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

A large number of pictures have been copied to a new album. Is it possible to view and modify this new album?

How to view new photo album

iPhone 6s, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 30, 2024 5:22 PM

5 replies

Apr 18, 2024 1:23 PM in response to Epidemic11

After you have clicked on the Albums icon the Richard noted, you should be in one of several lists of albums.

The main album list says “Albums” at the top with “My Albums … See All” just below that followed by a side-scrolling list of some of your albums. Tap “See All” to get to the full list of albums you created.

That list should have a smaller header “<Albums … My Albums … Edit” at the top, then a vertically scrolling list of all of your albums.

Apr 19, 2024 4:52 AM in response to Epidemic11

There is no way to copy photos to an album. we can only "Add" photos to an album.

The albums are not holding copies of the photos we add to them. Albums are referencing the photos in the library.

I hope, that you did not delete the photos from the library after adding them to your albums. If you delete a photo from the Library after adding it to an album, the photo will vanish from the album as well.

Just in case you delete date photos from the library after adding them to your new albums, try to recover them from the Recently Deleted album asap. Recovering will add them back to the albums.

A large number of pictures have been copied to a new album. Is it possible to view and modify this new album?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.