Planet Fitness App QR Code

Suddenly and without warning, the QR Code no longer loads when tapping on the "Check-in" button on the Home Page of the Planet Fitness app. Additionally, the screen freezes. I am using iPhone 15 version iOS 17.4.1. I have powered off and powered on the iPhone multiple times. Thoughts?

iPhone 15

Posted on Mar 31, 2024 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2024 9:00 PM

Need Help! The QR code on the planet fitness app is not working or even loading. This has been a problem for me for the last two weeks. I’ve already tried uninstalling and reinstalling it. It doesn’t work. Also atttempted to clear cache on my phone and even logged out and back on the app.

11 replies

Mar 31, 2024 1:57 PM in response to VikingOSX

Hello, VikingOSX: the PF IT Tech told me to clear the cache and history. Since that didn't work, their next suggestion was to uninstall and reinstall the PF app. I am leery of unintended consequences for the latter. In my next email I will ask about compatibility with iOS 17.4.1. I have had the Apple 15 for less than 2 weeks. The PF App worked fine until today. Sigh.

Apr 11, 2024 6:58 PM in response to ikeni

It could be iOS related but it's not up to Apple to fix.

Apple has modified the iOS in such a way that Planet Fitnesses app isn't working with it anymore. Planet Fitness needs to modify their software so it works with the new iOS.

And you are correct, Planet Fitness probably doesn't read these posts so that is why you need to contact them, not Apple.

Apr 17, 2024 9:34 PM in response to sandrafromtakoma park

Me too. I’ve restarted the ap & phone multiple times and reinstalled the ap. Also logged off & on to the ap. Occasionally the QR code shows up & i screen shot it & saved it in notes where i can pin it & use the screen shot to check into Planet Fitness. It’s really annoying that no one at Planet Fitness seems to care that the ap does not work on IOS 17.4.1 and they have deactivated their barcode scanner.

Planet Fitness App QR Code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.