Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

FIXED! Garageband STILL not opening after Sonoma 14.4.1 'fix' - stuck on 'updating information about audio unit plugins'

As the title suggests, I was a victim of the Sonoma 14.4 update (lesson learnt, don't update straight away) which results in Garageband (similar issue experienced by Logic Pro users) stuck on 'updating information about audio unit plugins'. I read up on the issue with the plugins, to be fixed in MacOS 14.4.1 release - which I installed today. I'm still having the same issue however.

When I bought my Mac (my first), my aim was to get back into my music creation. Starting with Garageband, then I'd invest in Logic... I now have a fashionable paperweight and it's driving me crazy.

Please, can anyone help? Do Apple read these posts? Thank you!

MacBook Pro 14″

Posted on Apr 1, 2024 10:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2024 11:48 AM

To post a link without posting a link 8^), just tell us search terms that will home in on that discussion.

For this one you might say "Apple Support Garageband not opening after Sonoma"

Since they did not edit your previous post, it is OK to *say* Reddit.

Similar questions

5 replies

FIXED! Garageband STILL not opening after Sonoma 14.4.1 'fix' - stuck on 'updating information about audio unit plugins'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.