Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Bluetooth issues after Ventura 13.6.6 update.

My magic mouse and trackpad no longer work on the 2017 iMac after Ventura 13.6.6 update. The magic keyboard still works fine. All three work on my 2023 MBP Ventura 13.6.6. What gives?

Posted on Apr 1, 2024 11:57 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Apr 4, 2024 2:34 AM in response to pianodwo

pianodwo wrote:

My magic mouse and trackpad no longer work on the 2017 iMac after Ventura 13.6.6 update. The magic keyboard still works fine. All three work on my 2023 MBP Ventura 13.6.6. What gives?

Use the Forget this Device

Then, set them up as new devices

Sometimes during an update things go wonky and need to do the above 😩

Apr 4, 2024 1:30 AM in response to pianodwo

I also updated to 13.6.6 recently and have issues. I also have a 2017 iMac 27". The mouse, trackpad and magic keyboard work, but my iPhone & iPad will not connect with bluetooth. The iPhone is on iOS 17.4.1, while the iPad is on iOS 15.5. Both phone and pad connect to each other no problem. I have tried all the recommended "hacks" to generate a connection, but so far, no success. Any solutions very welcome.

May 1, 2024 2:02 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Not quite sure how you claim there is no pairing via bluetooth, given I can go into settings on both iMac and iPhone and, under the bluetooth devices listed on each, I sometimes see the other. i.e on the iMac settings under bluetooth, I see my iPhone listed and the iOS version it uses, and vice versa. But when I try to connect them to each other, I sometimes get a confirmation number on the screen but most usually get a "Pairing Unsuccessful" Notification saying my iMac "is not supported". It did connect one time, and I even managed to transfer files from the phone to the iMac, but that was the only time this has worked. The rest of the time they quite simply refuse to connect. Before upgrading iOS on my phone and the iMac to Ventura 13.6.6, they quite happily linked and I had no problems at all in transferring files - via bluetooth. (I also have an old iPhone 7 running on iOS 15.6.0, and on turning this on, it successfully "paired" via bluetooth with the iMac, but dropped the connection after about 5 seconds). So what do you even mean when you claim "There is no pairing of iDevices with Macs via bluetooth", given I had quite successfully been doing this up until the point I upgraded the OS on both devices and that the old phone also initially quite successfully paired with the desktop ?

And if you have any solutions to this, I'll be happy to hear them.

May 1, 2024 4:01 AM in response to GMMtoo

I stand by what I said.

It's not that they can't connect via Bluetooth, it's that the way they do it is different.

You can pair your mac with mice, trackpads, speakers, headphones.

One does not pair with iPhone in the same way, and it has never worked like that.

Your mac and iPhone can identify each other if they are in the same Wifi network; Bluetooth may help with the connection, but it is not a regular Bluetooth pairing as above.

You can use Airplay to have your mac play music or video from the iPhone, and you can use AirDrop to send files either way. But the iPhone is not seen by the mac as a regular Bluetooth peripheral (and never has been).

Bluetooth issues after Ventura 13.6.6 update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.