Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I reinstall iLife 09?

I purchased a Macbook Pro in the early fall of 2009. Everything came pre-installed, including iLife 2009. My hard drive crashed and when I took it into the Genius bar, a few weeks later when I received it, I realized they had only installed iLife 2008. I took it in to the Genius Bar again because I could not find my software anywhere, and they reinstalled only iPhoto 09 and told me I could find the rest of iLife on my discs that came with my Mac when I found them.

Well, now I need some of the other iLife products and though I did find my discs, I know this sounds ridiculous, but I cannot find the software on any of them. I have my Mac OS X Install disc and my Applications install disc, and NO version of iLife are on these discs (that I can find). Any help would be much appreciated! I'm pretty sure I'm just overlooking it, but this has become terribly frustrating and I can't find any answers elsewhere...

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Aug 24, 2010 1:47 PM

5 replies

Aug 24, 2010 3:40 PM in response to Kappy

Kappy,

I checked this same bundled installer earlier, it is not listed here. Under the optional installs for Applications, there is:
-Address Book
-iCal
-iChat
-iTunes
-Mail
-Oxford Dictionaries
-Safari
-X11
(These are also the same applications on the "Application" disc that came in addition to the Install disc)

In addition to these applications there is: iPod Support, Additional Fonts, Language Translations, and Printer Drivers.

No sign of iLife....

How can I reinstall iLife 09?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.