Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Mainstage Recurring Error Audio Unit Problem

"An Audio Unit plug-in reported problem which might cause the system to become unstable. Please quit and restart"

I saw an earlier thread addressing this problem, which pops up for me multiple times each session, at seemingly random points in the patch list.

I would greatly appreciate some help in figuring out what is going on. Perhaps I have too many patches or instruments loaded but when I delete lots of the patches from my concert I still get the same error.

Here is the result of two separate Terminal AU Validation Tool queries which I did following the instructions of the previous thread:

Below is the data dump which appeared after I quit the program having saved my work.

Thank you in advance!

Mac mini, macOS 14.3

Posted on Apr 2, 2024 9:33 PM

3 replies

Apr 3, 2024 1:13 AM in response to Canbricode

The auval output line "aumu Alav Artu - Arturia: Analog Lab V## ExtendedFilename : 0" seems odd. The line above seems to be what might be expected of Analog Lab. Is the plugin up to date? Are you running on Apple silicone (i.e. M1 etc.) and, if you are, is Rosetta in play?

I would disable analog lab (or preferably temporarily relocate it away from the plugin folder) and see if that makes a difference.

Mainstage Recurring Error Audio Unit Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.