Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Does anyone have a script for auto enrolling mobile Apple devices (iPads/iPhones/MacBooks) in Microsoft InTune MDM

I can add them manually but I would like this process to be automated to happen at first login. Of course all Windows devices automatically do this.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Apr 3, 2024 9:45 AM

4 replies

Apr 8, 2024 1:56 PM in response to radarsmith8

The first thing you need to do is link your ASM to Intune. I will assume you have global admin rights to your Microsoft tenant. If not, contact your admin. Since you are manually enrolling, I will also assume you have your Push Cert already setup.

Go to intune.microsoft.com and select Devices from the main sidebar. From the sub menu, choose macOS. Then when the page refreshes, choose macOS enrollment. Select Enrollment program tokens. Press the Add button. This will open a setup wizard that will guide you through creating the MDM token in ASM and importing the token into Intune. Please allow some time for the initial sync. If you have not created an MDM token in ASM, you will need to assign the devices to the token once it is created. Also, Intune is not the fastest car on the track. It syncs to ASM once every 24 hours. If you add the assets after importing the token, either wait or issue a force sync. That takes time also. You would click on the token, press Devices, and hit the Sync button.

Then once the token is in place and devices assigned, select Profiles. This is where you created the enrollment profile. You need one for iOS and one for macOS. Create one for each platform if needed. Once this is done, then assign your devices. Give everything a little while to assign. Then you should be able to power on a device and embrace the joy of automated enrollment.

Apr 3, 2024 12:44 PM in response to celliott147

Thank you for the quick response celliott. Unfortunately, I probably need that "whole other conversation". We currently use Apple School Manager ("we" is Pensacola State College). All our purchases made from the Apple Store for Education are imported into Apple School Manager and then they are automatically added to InTune. But I still have to manually enroll them and assign a configuration profile. That's the part I would like to automate.

Does anyone have a script for auto enrolling mobile Apple devices (iPads/iPhones/MacBooks) in Microsoft InTune MDM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.