Apple Music on Watch won’t download playlists

My apple watch ultra won’t download playlists for some reason. I have tried adding the playlist through the watch iphone app but it will act like it’s downloading for 10 seconds and then stop without saying anything. I have tried unpairing and repairing my watch to my phone but that didn’t work either. I have tried this while the watch is on my wrist as well as charging but nothing will download. I purposely switched to apple music since the spotify app has a bunch of glitches downloading songs but at least it let me add the playlists. I would greatly appreciate a solution!

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 3, 2024 10:23 AM

2 replies

May 8, 2024 2:05 PM in response to alec_b123

I have the same problem. iPhone 13 w/ iOS 17.4.1 and AW Service 7 Cellular OS 10.4. Both are fully updated. Im and Apple One Premier customer.

Nothing I try allows me to download music or playlists to my Apple Watch. Have tried everything in the Apple support articles. Have tried with songs and playlists that are downloaded into my phone, and that are not in my phone. Have tried single songs, albums, and large playlists.

Tried playlists from my personal library synced with iTunes Match. Tried Apples "For You" playlists and Discover playlists. Tried songs Ive never even heard before.

In the watch app on my phone, it says "Your music music will download soon" then it just stops. Nothing transfers.

Ive rebooted phone and watch. Reset and re-paired the watch. Nothing ever works.

Please advise!

Apr 3, 2024 12:35 PM in response to alec_b123

Has this happened before or is this the first time you have tried it and it just won’t work? Any messages/warnings pop up when trying?

Add music to Apple Watch - Apple Support

I know you said you tried it a couple of different ways and it’s not working but look at that link and see if any of that works for you (even if you tried before just to be sure the same issue continues). Also, any chance any restrictions are on? Such as screen time?

Apple Music on Watch won’t download playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.