Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Wifi Problems after 14.4.1 macOS Sonoma update

Having issues with Wifi or internet connection getting stuck or running too slow since I've updated the latest macOS 14.4.1 update earlier this week. This is for a MacBook Air.

I've disconnected the network and rebooted it.

Disconnected the connections and added it again.

MacBook Air, 14.4

Posted on Apr 3, 2024 3:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2024 1:29 AM

Im also facing same isssue.

16 replies

Apr 9, 2024 1:04 PM in response to Lily94

14.4.1 brought some troubles to my network too.

In my experience it happens when I move from one network to another. For instance in the last week I had to reboot almost every single time I got to the office, and then again when I got back home. it doesn't seem to happen while switching between different wifi within the same network (at home we have 5 different wifi SSIDs, and some mesh devices, but they all share the same gateway, dhcp server, and DNS, so it's the same network).

It could be a red herring tho.

So far I've had these 3 scenarios happen:

1) GUI no network, while the BSD subsystem network continues to function: no browser is able to load anything, while curl happily does

2) both GUI and BSD networks are unresponsive: nothing loads and traceroute doesn't even get to the gateway, literally the next hop.

3) the network works for a while and then stops suddenly.

In all this, routing tables and every other configuration are unchanged.

The computer is unable to establish any connection, no matter if it's local LAN or something on the internet.

Rebooting fixes the issue untill the next time I connect to a different network.

I called the customer care last week, a couple of days after the update, just asking if someone already reported the issue. They were unaware of the issue and offered to toubleshoot, tho I declined because I loose them asap I open a shell and start talking nerdly to them 🤷‍♂️.

The checks and reboots they were trying to have me go thru would have require way more time than i was bargning for, and I doubt they would have yeld any result.

Perhaps if someone is willing to go thru the "gountlet of trivial troubleshooting" at the end might be able to open a bug report.

It worths noticing that rebooting always solves the problem, at least for me, so it's hardly an advisable step if the goal is to find the actual problem.

I guess I'll set aside some time in the weekend and format.

Apr 19, 2024 12:44 AM in response to Lily94

me too and my partner who also installed the update . no issue with other devices on the same network . proximity to router makes no difference . wifi is not experiencing any dropouts . wifi is always there but have to rejoin network up to 20-30 times each day . extremely annoying . between this and having to trick my computer to install the latest updates ( on going issue )please fix this apple its extremely amateur.. m1 MacBook Air

Wifi Problems after 14.4.1 macOS Sonoma update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.