Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

No Internal output/input device found

Hi there,

My Mac can't find my internal speakers or internal microphone as output/input devices. Plugging an headphone to the laptop doesn't work as well. However it is detecting the output device of my external monitor via USB-C.

I've tried to reset the SRM couple of times but that didn't do anything.

Note: I had some premises of an audio problem few weeks ago. After plugging my headphones into the port it was working for a while and then just stopped. And I had to restart the Mac to actually get some output audio again.

Any idea if it's a software or hardware issue? I had my mother board replaced 3 months ago.

Information:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro14,3

Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz

macOS 13.6.6 (22G630)

MacBook Pro 15″

Posted on Apr 4, 2024 5:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2024 9:40 AM

Try steps like resetting NVRAM/PRAM by restarting and holding Option + Command + P + R keys during boot, or booting into Safe Mode to check if it's a software issue. If the problem persists, it's best to contact Apple Support for further assistance or consider visiting an authorized service provider for a thorough diagnosis.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2024 9:40 AM in response to Romanzo_Criminale

Try steps like resetting NVRAM/PRAM by restarting and holding Option + Command + P + R keys during boot, or booting into Safe Mode to check if it's a software issue. If the problem persists, it's best to contact Apple Support for further assistance or consider visiting an authorized service provider for a thorough diagnosis.

No Internal output/input device found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.