Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

14.4.1 ,Through the USB-C interface cable, directly connected to the external monitor

M1 MacBook pro 14,after update 14.4.1,

Through the USB-C interface cable(USB-C to HDMI), directly connected to the external monitor cannot be displayed normally.

MacBook Pro 14″

Posted on Apr 4, 2024 8:19 PM

6 replies

Apr 17, 2024 3:45 AM in response to zhigang209

Does selecting another option between "larger text" and "more space" make any difference? Or choosing a different refresh rate?

Does the display support a different connection, like HDMI?

FWIW, for some time now I am seeing actual resolutions instead of these named options. I don't think I did anything to change this. I wonder why... here is what it looks for me (I am showing my external display, but it works similarly for the built-in as well). I actually like seeing the numbers.

Apr 18, 2024 7:33 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Does selecting another option between "larger text" and "more space" make any difference? Or choosing a different refresh rate?

A:Select different options, and the result is the same, the external monitor still won't display.

Does the display support a different connection, like HDMI?

A:When passing directly through the HDMI cable, the external monitor is displayed.

The HDMI output via the USB-C adapter to an external monitor can be displayed.

At present, through the USB-C to DP1.4 cable, the external display cannot be displayed.

But the versions before macOS 14.4 are working fine.

14.4.1 ,Through the USB-C interface cable, directly connected to the external monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.