Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Time Machine not backing up server files after Sonoma update

Hi, I upgraded to Sonoma today, and most of it seems to be ok. However, I store the majority of my important documents on my desktop computer upstairs, and my Macbook is connected to that. Before I upgraded to Sonoma from Monterey, my Time Machine would back up ALL my files, including those on the server. And there are a lot! As I said, I keep my most important documents there, and not stored locally on my Macbook. When I open the link to browse time machine backups, the only files I can see (going all the way back to 2021) are the local desktop files, NOT my server files. And while in that mode, the "server" option is grayed out. I do have other backup options, but I still want my Time Machine to do what it's supposed to do. Any thoughts? I'm not super technical, but I can certainly follow directions to try different things. Thank you.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Apr 5, 2024 4:58 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Time Machine not backing up server files after Sonoma update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.