You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cost of Apple Music Subscription in Canada

Six months ago, I bought a MacMine and Studio Display. As a result of that purchase, I was offered a 6 month subscription to Apple Music and was told at the time that it could be renewed at 6.99 / month thereafter. At least that is the was I recall it - I can't be 100% sure. My freebie runs out in the middle of this month and to my surprise, I find that it now costs 10.99 / month. This is all in Canadian dollars. 6.99 I have no problem with,

10.99 is a different story particularly when - if I prepay for the entire year - I can get a YouTube Premium subscription for the same monthly fee. This would include an ad free YouTube as well as YouTube Music which I assume is as good as Apple Music. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this assumption. Am I the only one that feels 10.99 / month is not good value for Apple Music? Am I correct in thinking that just 6 months ago, the cost of a subscription was much less?

Mac mini, macOS 14.4

Posted on Apr 6, 2024 10:16 AM

2 replies

Apr 6, 2024 7:46 PM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Thanks for the historical accuracy of Apple's pricing of Apple Music in Canada. I could have sworn that it was

6.99 / month but it must be a case of old age forgetfulness as I am retired. Both Apple Music (109) and YouTube Premium (130) offer annual plans in Canada. For the extra 21, I am going to go with YTP. The music component is the same and getting YT ad free is priceless.

Cost of Apple Music Subscription in Canada

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.