keyboard issues with updated os sonoma 14.4.1

MacBook Pro 16", 2019, Sonoma 14.4.1. Certain keys and key commands do not work correctly when using FireFox browser, Quicken Classic Deluxe for Mac, Calendar, Preview after update OS to 14.4.1. For example, when in FireFox and doing a search, the Space bar key does not work. In other words it does not enter a space between words or other characters. However if I use Safari or Google browsers the Space bar works correctly. Another example when using Quicken, the Tab key does not move to the next entry field; or in Preview the vertical arrow keys to navigate through pictures does not work. I did not have these keyboard issues prior to upgrading to 14.4.1. Has anyone else encountered similar issues? Thanks

Posted on Apr 6, 2024 10:43 AM

4 replies

Apr 6, 2024 11:17 AM in response to rcbuitron

rcbuitron wrote:

MacBook Pro 16", 2019, Sonoma 14.4.1. Certain keys and key commands do not work correctly when using FireFox browser, Quicken Classic Deluxe for Mac, Calendar, Preview after update OS to 14.4.1. For example, when in FireFox and doing a search, the Space bar key does not work. In other words it does not enter a space between words or other characters. However if I use Safari or Google browsers the Space bar works correctly. Another example when using Quicken, the Tab key does not move to the next entry field; or in Preview the vertical arrow keys to navigate through pictures does not work. I did not have these keyboard issues prior to upgrading to 14.4.1. Has anyone else encountered similar issues? Thanks

Verify "Full Key Board Access" did not get turned on...(?)

keyboard issues with updated os sonoma 14.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.