How to fix signal bar display issue on eSIM for iPhone 15 Pro Max

I am using iphone 15 pro max. I was residing in India and I have an Indian physical sim. Recently I move to Germany and my physical sim was working fine because I had an international roaming plan activated.

Then I converted my physical sim to an eSIM afterwards it does not showing signal bars. Even though calling and internet functionality is available in eSIM. So strange..!

However I am not able to send or receive any sms.

Has anyone faced similar issue before?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 7, 2024 7:12 AM

4 replies

May 3, 2024 9:46 PM in response to AntonyKavalan

I had the same issue. After switching to eSIM, the signal bar disappeared (only 4 dots) and unable to make calls using SIRI since it thought there is no network. But I was able to make /receive calls manually. (Airtel said SMS will work only after 24 hours which is correct)

No help from Apple community and I visited a local Airtel store. They reinstalled the eSIM and the problem got solved. SIRI now recognizes the network but call not going through.

Apr 7, 2024 9:56 AM in response to AntonyKavalan

AntonyKavalan wrote:

I am using iphone 15 pro max. I was residing in India and I have an Indian physical sim. Recently I move to Germany and my physical sim was working fine because I had an international roaming plan activated.

Then I converted my physical sim to an eSIM afterwards it does not showing signal bars. Even though calling and internet functionality is available in eSIM. So strange..!

However I am not able to send or receive any sms.

Has anyone faced similar issue before?

Report the issue to your cellphone provider all of those issues you're having is their feature.

May 4, 2024 6:23 PM in response to Adii980

Physical SIM was not used for this process. I had removed it even before going to the store. And they did not insert any physical SIM either, I am sure.

I don't know the exact process but they said my earlier eSIM was not installed properly and they have to reinstall it.

(I may have to go back to them. SIRI does not work properly though I got the signal bar back. I use SIRI extensively while driving. After the command it says "Calling "so & so" " and does nothing. )

How to fix signal bar display issue on eSIM for iPhone 15 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.