Unable to activate bank account in googlepay on iPhone 15 pro

Tried enabling my bank account om gpay/paytm etc but wasn’t able to activate. It requires message verification and every time I do it, it shows an error.

sms is activated on my phone but it’s still unable to verify

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 7, 2024 9:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2024 7:10 PM

There is a serious issue with GPay on ios. Recently on, one cannot activate a bank account on GPay. It is also not possible to contact the Google help desk as it asks for a response on your phone when you contact the service and that is only possible on an Android phone. There is a major issue. I liked GPay but now bid adios to it.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2024 7:10 PM in response to KiltedTim

There is a serious issue with GPay on ios. Recently on, one cannot activate a bank account on GPay. It is also not possible to contact the Google help desk as it asks for a response on your phone when you contact the service and that is only possible on an Android phone. There is a major issue. I liked GPay but now bid adios to it.

Jun 11, 2024 11:19 AM in response to ANAGAA

I've been facing the same issue for the last four days. The real problem is the auto-pay mandates. It's a loop: to reactivate the account, you need to cancel all the auto-pay mandates, and to cancel the mandates, you need to activate the account first. Another way is to contact all the merchants individually and cancel their respective subscriptions(a very tiring job for me).

Here’s what I did to resolve the issue:

1. Insert the SIM into an Android phone.
  2. Reactivate the account (Android rocks for this!).
  3. Cancel all the auto-pay mandates.
  4. Delete the UPI ID.
  5. Reinsert the SIM into my iPhone.
  6. Register again.

This worked for me.

May 4, 2024 10:09 PM in response to ANAGAA

I am facing the same problem. When I contacted gpay help through Chat, been advised to remove all autopay ("mandates" they call) and re-try. I couldn't verify it as Netflix autopay is still sticking around despite I cancelled my subscription which is expiring on 22/May/2024 after which I can try.

When we upgrade the iPhone, only GMail and GPay have such problems. Even yahoo mail, outlook working seamlessly on the new device without having us to sign-in. If Google doesn't make interoperability smooth, at least it should remove the autopays and ask iPhone/GPay users to create the mandates again.

Unable to activate bank account in googlepay on iPhone 15 pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.