Can I use the Apple Vision Pro during solar eclipse?

I want to know if I can use the Apple Vision Pro during the solar eclipse while wearing eclipse safe glasses?

Apple Vision Pro

Posted on Apr 7, 2024 4:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2024 12:11 PM

According to Apple:

The warranty covers "against defects in materials and workmanship when used normally in accordance with Apple's published guidelines".

Need more help?

5 replies

Apr 8, 2024 1:22 AM in response to grumpyamauda

To be safe with your eye sight - probably wear iso certified eclipse viewing shades then the Vision Pro on top of those. Looking right at the sun with them might damage the Vision Pro sensors though. I saw a national news story where you can wear a welding shield if it’s a certain rating of shield, I think they said #14…you could probably google which number. Maybe that would keep the sensors from being damaged.

Apr 10, 2024 1:48 PM in response to sschluet

(sschluet) Sorry if my post was unclear. I’ll restate in a different way to be more clear. I stated “looking right at the sun”. Also, the “source” for the possibility of damage to the sensors while looking right at the sun, as requested in your reply, was a national news tv show. I don’t remember which one. Hope that helps. Have a great day!

Can I use the Apple Vision Pro during solar eclipse?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.