Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Facetime/Whatsapp and email issues

I have an IMac 2016. Running Monterey 12.7.4. I have recently installed Starlink and have plenty of internet. On email, frequently I have to quit and restart in order to read emails. On FaceTime, the video keeps freezing although sound is OK, on WhatsApp video is fine but sound is very distorted. On both, quitting and restarting does nothing. Both are fully up to date.

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 8, 2024 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2024 7:42 PM

I'd uninstall Trusteer, then Delete these files & restart...

~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.adobe.ARM.***.plist

~ tilde indicates your home folder

Apple hid the Users' Library folders...

Method 1:

1 From the Finder, select the Go menu at top of the screen, and choose Go to Folder.

2 In the window that opens, enter ~/Library, and click Go.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2024 7:42 PM in response to Runrig2

I'd uninstall Trusteer, then Delete these files & restart...

~ tilde indicates your home folder

Apple hid the Users' Library folders...

Method 1:

1 From the Finder, select the Go menu at top of the screen, and choose Go to Folder.

2 In the window that opens, enter ~/Library, and click Go.

Apr 8, 2024 1:02 PM in response to Runrig2

How much freespace is on the drive?

Are you running any VPN, Anti-Virus, or Cleaning apps?

We need to see what all is running, a report from this will not display any personal info...

Using EtreCheck - Apple Community

EtreCheck is a FREE simple little diagnostic tool to display the important details of your system configuration and allow you to copy that information to the Clipboard. It is meant to be used with Apple Support Communities to help people help you with your Mac. It will not display any personal info.

https://www.etrecheck.com/

Thanks for Old Toad’s etrecheck instructions…

Slow iMac 2017 - Apple Community

Use the Note tool on the bottom of this editor's toolbar, as shown in the image, to copy and paste the output from EtreCheck. In a Reply before you click post, look for this to add longer texts...

Apr 11, 2024 1:45 PM in response to Runrig2

What files didn't go?

On mdsync using so much CPU, try...

How to rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac

If searching your Mac doesn’t return expected results, rebuilding the Spotlight index might help.

1. Choose Apple menu () > System Preferences, then click Spotlight.
  2. Click the Privacy tab.
  3. Drag the folder or disk that you want to index again to the list of locations that Spotlight is prevented from searching. Or click the Add (+) button and select the folder or disk to add.
  4. To add an item to the Privacy tab, you must have ownership permissions for that item. To learn about permissions, choose Help from the Finder menu bar, then search for “permissions.”
  5. From the same list of locations, select the folder or disk that you just added. Then click the Remove (–) button to remove it from the list.
  6. Quit System Preferences. Spotlight will reindex the contents of the folder or disk.

Do you really need the WD software?

Facetime/Whatsapp and email issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.