Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Update 17.4.1 created camera issue

After completing the update my iPhone is now saying my camera has an unknown part annd doesn’t work correctly. When you open the camera the normal camera option is blurry, but perfectly fine for reverse camera look or portrait or any other options?? I have not had it serviced or replaced any part? I can see this has been an issue with various updates across the last few years. Please assist Apple!

Posted on Apr 8, 2024 9:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2024 3:48 PM

I'm experiencing significant delays in my Camera booting when I open the app, and it's clearly lost some ability to auto-focus, with the latest release.

Seems fairly reasonable to assume that your particular hardware configuration is getting extra-borked by whatever Apple messed up about Camera function in 17.4.1. (Don't listen to anyone telling you your phone must have suffered a hardware failure at the exact moment of a SW update—that's straight up gaslighting. But you will probably have to contact Apple support directly.)

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2024 3:48 PM in response to mac984

I'm experiencing significant delays in my Camera booting when I open the app, and it's clearly lost some ability to auto-focus, with the latest release.

Seems fairly reasonable to assume that your particular hardware configuration is getting extra-borked by whatever Apple messed up about Camera function in 17.4.1. (Don't listen to anyone telling you your phone must have suffered a hardware failure at the exact moment of a SW update—that's straight up gaslighting. But you will probably have to contact Apple support directly.)

Apr 17, 2024 6:30 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

After the iOS update, I, too, have been experiencing camera issues on both my 12 Pro Max and 15 Pro Max.

12 - error message re: original Apple hardware, camera app delays, unable to use 0.5 wide lens

15 - The camera app delays to a black screen; you must quit the app and reopen

Apple support:

Chat - soft restart / forced restart / send diagnostics / main Apple dept will call you. "they will check everything in your phone and help you with the solution of it, I promise you that"

Main Apple dept call - where can I schedule your Apple service appt? "I only schedule appointments."

Great support.

Apr 21, 2024 8:16 AM in response to mac984

This apple update 17.4 1 caused my camera to stop working as well. I never had any issues with any other updates ever. I have IPhone 13 Pro Max. It’s never been repaired or fixed yet it’s tell me I have a not approved part in my phone. The only company that’s ever touched my phone is apple when I first bought the phone. Apple will you send a new update to correct these bugs?

Update 17.4.1 created camera issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.