Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Endless iCloud login loop on Windows 11

I have been using iCloud on my Windows 11 laptop for 6 months with no issues at all. Suddenly yesterday after a system reboot I was prompted for my login details. I entered my iCloud id and password. Prompt duly appeared on my iPhone, I click 'Allow' and enter the security code on my PC. The Apple wait spinning circles appears for a while, then the iCloud window vanishes. So I then start the program again manually and I am right back where I started, with the request to log in.

It's driving me nuts now. I have already:

• uninstalled/rebooted/reinstalled (several times)
  • uninstalled and deleted Apple-related folders in %ProgramData% %Appdata%/Local (I have no other Apple software installed so was happy to do this)
  • reset the application from the 'Advanced' options of uninstall

I have had to uninstall it again now because of the constant login prompts, but I really need it working.

I hope someone can help, thanks in advance.

Windows

Posted on Apr 9, 2024 2:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2024 1:58 PM

It is endless. I completely removed iCloud from my PC and it still happens endlessly. I turned off Phone Link and it didn't help. My iPad and iPhone want me to approve signons or login endlessly now as well. I use my iPad to read books and I get a constant login message. Now, when I start r reboot my PC, the endless iCloud login loop starts and I have to go and kill the process. There are usually somewhere between 6 and 9 iCloud processes piled up by the time booting is complete. This is somewhere between deeply annoying and renders my hardware useless level of mess. I am so frustrated.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2024 1:58 PM in response to KeithXP

It is endless. I completely removed iCloud from my PC and it still happens endlessly. I turned off Phone Link and it didn't help. My iPad and iPhone want me to approve signons or login endlessly now as well. I use my iPad to read books and I get a constant login message. Now, when I start r reboot my PC, the endless iCloud login loop starts and I have to go and kill the process. There are usually somewhere between 6 and 9 iCloud processes piled up by the time booting is complete. This is somewhere between deeply annoying and renders my hardware useless level of mess. I am so frustrated.

Apr 15, 2024 4:00 AM in response to KeithXP

I've been having this problem for months now. I've also seen it reported all over microsoft store, but it's being ignored entirely by Apple. I'll be switching back to android asap, moving to iOS was the biggest mistake I made where my tech is concerned.

I'm currently unable to access anything on icloud on my pc, including passwords - most of which are 20+ characters long and a real pain to manually input.

Nice work, Apple.

Apr 30, 2024 8:58 AM in response to KeithXP

Just posting back here as for the moment I now have a working iCloud for Windows.

Having completely uninstalled my original app, and Bonjour (this was done on a remote session with Apple Support) and then reinstalled iCfW, only to find the same issue, I just uinstalled it again and left it. But accessing my iCloud drive only via a web browser was driving me nuts. Meanwhile Apple Support seem to have abandoned me and no longer respond to my support ticket. So I installed an old version of Apple iCloud (7.21.0.223).

This gave me my sync'd iCloud drive folders back, but kept prompting me to install iCloud for Windows for Photo syncing etc.

After a few days, in a moment of madness, I decided to install iCfW from the Microsoft Store one more time. The installation seemed to have hung, it really took some time, but it did eventually complete. And for the moment, it is working, I am signed in, Photos and documents are syncing etc.

Good luck everyone.

Endless iCloud login loop on Windows 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.