Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How to fix Printer preset issues in Sonoma 14.4.1 update

I finally upgraded to Sonoma 14.4.1 and it was a huge mistake. Printing is nightmare. I sell art prints for a living and can no longer use my Mac to do so. Here are a few issues:

1) Printer presets do not save.

2) Printer driver settings do not appear in the print dialog box. I can’t use any settings needed to print my art, like select a certain paper type or use color profiles. 

After something is printed, the print dialog appears again so you have to close out of it.

I have reset the printing system, added and removed printers, reinstalled updated printer drivers, reinstalled updated apps, and restarted countless times. I tried printing in different programs. A local Apple certified support professional also concluded that only a new update will resolve this.

I use Adobe Acrobat and print with an Epson. I’m printing on my 10 year old PC until this is fixed.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Windows

Posted on Apr 9, 2024 10:03 AM

6 replies

Apr 16, 2024 12:03 PM in response to Baahaus

Adobe Reader. I tested a few other apps when troubleshooting but didn't get any better results. I'm able to print basic stuff on my Mac, though it's still acting wacky. To utilize advanced settings, I have to print art on my very old PC. It's so slow so I'll need to upgrade to continue if this Mac issue doesn't resolve. Really frustrating.

How to fix Printer preset issues in Sonoma 14.4.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.