App Store Not Connecting on Multiple Devices (iMac, Macbook Pro, iPhone) & Podcasts Not Updating on Any Device, Except my iPhone 14.

Hi All,

Before you reply posting the links to the Apple Service resources--I have already checked and they're showing that everything is back up and running. I know there was an outage last week. This has been going on since the outage, and none of my devices have recovered. I have also already seen this support link: If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services, and have confirmed that everything on my end is solid, so please, spare me.

This seems to be a little ridiculous, but luckily, it's not a "dire" situation. I just want to be able to figure this out.

I have an array of Apple devices, and yes, they are all upgraded to the latest OS--at least the latest that each device can handle. I know that can be an issue, but please listen to me when I say that it really should not matter, given that these were all in working order before the outage last week, and I've never had a problem before. Furthermore, some of these devices are older and can only go as high as Apple will allow, but again, they should still function fine as long as Apple Servers are up and running, as they claim to be.

Here's a list of all of my devices, the OS they're running, and what's going on with each of them:

iPhone 14 Pro 17.5 - Podcasts update just fine, so I have the most recent up-to-date shows. App Store cannot connect, and I'm not getting any app updates.

iMac 2021 Sonoma 14.4.1 - Podcasts are stuck on shows from February, and will not update, no matter what I do, including clearing the cache. App Store cannot connect, so no app updates. This device was on Big Sur 11.7.1 on Monday. Because this problem was persisting, and this device is the newest on I have, I reluctantly updated to Sonoma. I am a big fan of Big Sur, especially for my Adobe programs. Don't ask me why, but it just works so much smoother than all of the other OS's. However, I was willing to try Sonoma on this device, as it seemed to be stable from what I read up on. Once I updated the device, I was hoping that this would fix the issues. Nope. Same issues.

Macbook Pro 2016 Monterey 12.7.4 - Podcasts are stuck on shows from the end of March, same as above--will not update to the newest shows no matter what I do. App Store cannot connect, but it just shows up as a blank and I don't even get the "cannot connect" message.

Macbook Pro Mid 2012 Big Sur 11.7.1 - I don't really use the Podcast app on this device, so it's not updated really at all, and it's not important for it to work on this device. However, the app store also comes up as blank, just as the MBP 2016--it looks the same as the above image.

Safari browser is working on all of these devices, although I don't really use it anyway--I use chrome on all of these, but I did check that to make sure. I also cleared the Safari cache for each. I've restarted each device as well, still same result. Yes, the date and time are all set automatically and using Apple Servers.

Can someone please tell me if they're either experiencing the same thing, and Apple Servers are just messed up right now, even though they're claiming everything is up and running. Or is this something like I will have to completely reset each device to get these apps to work again. A total pain in my ***, but I am willing to do so, since I have everything completely backed up anyways. I would just rather avoid this option if at all possible.

And again, please, do not just regurgitate the links above. Thank you.

Posted on Apr 10, 2024 12:53 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 10, 2024 1:08 PM in response to MacMan1338

@MacMan1338, Thank you!

This seems to have worked on my iPhone. It got me thinking about something. I have not tried any of the devices connected to a different network-- I decided to turn the hotspot on my phone and connect my iMac to it, rather than my home internet. It worked! Unbelievable--thank you so much. I'm not sure WHY this is occurring, but I have now figured out that this is a modem issue, not an Apple issue. Even though my modem is showing no signs of anything being wrong, I assume it is something to do with Xfinity, and I will need to contact them about it.

Apr 10, 2024 1:54 PM in response to MacMan1338

Do you know if there are any specific router/modem settings that I would need to configure to prevent this from happening again? When I switched back to my ethernet/wifi to my router, I didn't have any issues with downloading apps/playing podcasts, so perhaps it just need to be disconnected and reconnected to my home internet? Just seems really weird and out of no where, but what do I know? I just wanted to know if there's anything in my router/modem settings that I could configure that would help, if needed at all. I never messed with any of the defaults.

App Store Not Connecting on Multiple Devices (iMac, Macbook Pro, iPhone) & Podcasts Not Updating on Any Device, Except my iPhone 14.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.