Create a recovery disk image

I've got iMac A1213. In some way OS was reset. Now I have this on the screen. IS there any way to create recovery item (USB or CD) with OS and make a clean install?

Thank you.

Earlier displays & monitors

Posted on Apr 10, 2024 4:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2024 11:27 PM

I found this make a macOS usb stick with windows - Apple Community, however I cannot endorse it as I have never tried it. My recommendation would be to find a friend with a Mac or pick one up to create an installed.

10 replies

Apr 15, 2024 1:22 PM in response to P0f0Ro

P0f0Ro wrote:

Hi.
Thanks, but I don't have another Apple device. I'm a new user of this. I can't go into recovery mode in iMac. The picture shows what I have when I press the power button. The hot keys doesn't work either.
Can I create a bootable installer for iMac under Windows OS?

Try using a wired USB keyboard instead of a wireless keyboard which may not go ready quick enough to register special startup keys. The special startup keys must be pressed immediately after hearing the startup chime.

Apr 16, 2024 5:23 AM in response to rkaufmann87

The good news is that this method, making a macOS USB stick with Windows as described on the Apple Community, does not work. At least, it didn't work on my iMac. However, the problem is not with the device itself

because I offered him a Win10 bootable USB, and he successfully started the installation. I am using a wired keyboard and mouse.

Create a recovery disk image

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.