Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Parent content restrictions changed.

Hi all. I tried to support my 6 year old to install an app on his iPad however the app was 12+ and I know previously speaking I allowed apps of this rating as Netflix and Disney + needed it. When I went into his content restrictions through the family/parent settings (on my iPhone) it now says ‘Don’t allow, Australia all, Australia 15, Australia 18’ instead of ‘9+, 12+, 17+’ etc.

Does anyone know what this means and how to rate it? He now only has 2 apps

Posted on Apr 11, 2024 2:54 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

May 1, 2024 12:15 AM in response to karrah192

This was frustrating, I think I found the solution to the problem. It seems that section is updated but you can still access the old method of ages.

On your device go to the following:

>settings

>family

>family checklist

If you scroll down you should see:

“settings for kids”

>Parental controls for “child's name”

>Age: Custom

Choose Age

After playing around with the settings for a bit, I realise that “Australia All” ends up being selected when moving the slider. It changes everything based on age. I tried to change this but the age set always reverts back to my child's actual age.

I don’t know if this actually fixes the core issue, but it seems all accounts are being changed to reflect their actual age for content. I will keep looking at the settings to see if I get results and post an edit if I find something. Otherwise I hope this at least gets people going in the right direction.

Parent content restrictions changed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.